Super Easy Chicken & Broccoli Pie
Yields 6 servings
9 oz of broccoli
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of cooked chicken ( you can also use canned chicken if you prefer 2 five oz cans)
1/2 cup of baking mix ( I use my own but you can use Bisquick)
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Spray a 9 inch round glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the broccoli, chicken, and 1 cup of the cheese into the pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour the remaining ingredients (except 1/2 cup of cheese) and stir with a wire or fork until well blended.
- Pour wet mixture over items in the pie plate.
- Place in oven and bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle come out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the pie and return to oven for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
1 serving: Calories 260(calories from fat 140), Total Fat 15 g(saturated fat 8 g, trans fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 125 mg, sodium 580 mg, Total Carbohydrates 12 g (dietary fiber 2g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 19g