and my favorite Holiday drink was listed as #6 (sob, cry).
22 g fat (14 g saturated)
95 g sugar
Important rule of thumb: Avoid holiday-themed items from coffee shops at all costs. From peppermint to egg nog to pumpkin, these are often the most sugar- and fat-packed drinks you'll find at places like Starbucks. Make your own flavored drinks instead, using skim milk, sugar-free syrups, and, of course, skipping the whip.
Even after you take out the whole milk, and remove the whip, you still have a high calorie, sugar packed caffinated time bomb. I relate it to a time bomb beacause it will surely destroy any plans you may have for loosing weight.
So you may ask: "What CAN I have at Strarbucks that won't throw my diet into a tail spin?" Well according to my Handy Dandy Weight Watchers Dining Guide here is a more "diet friendly" choice when the desire for a Starbucks treat is too strong.Here are what their picks are along with the point values:
- Starbucks Coffee Caffé Americano (Grande) 0 points
- Starbucks Coffee Tazo Tea (Tall) 0 points
- Starbucks Coffee Caffe Latte, made with soy milk (tall) 3 points
- Starbucks Coffee Caffe Mocha, Made With Nonfat Milk, Without Whipped Cream (Grande) *add 2 more points for Whipped 4 points
- Starbucks Coffee Caffe Latte, Made With Non-Fat Milk (tall) 2 points
- Starbucks Coffee Cappuccino, Made With Non-Fat Milk(tall) 1 point
So as you can see you do NOT have to give up your favorite things when you make the choice to loose weight. You just have to learn how to set limits.
Hmmm, not unlike other things in our daily lives.
Enjoy Life My Friends!